How do you plan to spend Mother’s Day?
From a delicious meal to a fun day of shopping to find the perfect gift, there are so many ways to spend Mother’s Day in Alvin!
Brunch at Red Oak Cafe
You wouldn’t dare have your mom making breakfast on Mother’s Day, and you don’t want to be the one to get her kitchen dirty! So, treat mom to a special meal at Red Oak Café in Alvin. At Red Oak, you can enjoy anything savory, sweet, or both with all of their breakfast options. You can never go wrong with one of their Strawberry Belgian Waffles or Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pancakes. For something savory, try their Fried Egg & Sausage Panini or Breakfast Veggie Panini. If you are feeling a little on the wild side, then try out the Kitchen Sink Quesadilla. It has all the breakfast essentials wrapped up in a grilled flour tortilla. Who wouldn’t want a quesadilla that has scrambled eggs, sautéed mushrooms, peppers, onions, jalapenos, black bean and chipotle salsa, cheddar jack cheese with your choice of bacon, ham, link sausage or breakfast sausage? While you’re getting full on all of that you can sit and enjoy the family-friendly and rustic atmosphere of Red Oak Café. With mason jars full of sweet tea and a warm cup of coffee, you will feel right at home as their staff treats you like family.
- Alvin Antique Mall & Marketplace
- Is your mom an antique enthusiast, or maybe she just likes a unique shopping experience? Then the Alvin Antique Center & Marketplace is a great place to visit or find the perfect gift. Spend Mother’s Day antiquing and exploring the Alvin Antique Center, a 55,000 sq. ft. antique mall with hundreds of uniquely filled shops. This is an ever-changing array of gifts and antiques collected locally and from around the world. From homewares, furniture, jewelry, and unique items everyone can find something that catches their eye.
- Artisan Marketplace
- If your mom describes herself as a “Junk Gyspy” then this is the store for her! This little shop of happiness is the perfect place for those who are lovers of so-called junk, vintage finds, with a mixture of Western boutique fashion. From the perfect bottle of wine to find your new favorite shirt this place is perfect for the eclectic and fun mom. Come enjoy this little piece of “Junk Gyspy” heaven.
- Wildflower Boutique
- The place for your mom to pick out the perfect outfit for Mother’s day! Grab some everyday essentials like comfy high-end denim, or splurge and the perfect pair of Astros earrings for game day. Here your mom can find clothing for work or play!
Out Door Activities
- Hillcrest Golf Club
- Tucked away along Mustang Bayou, Hillcrest Golf Club features a beautifully kept 9-hole golf course, pro-shop, all-grass practice range that is the perfect stress reliever for any mom. This course is perfect for the novice, or the golfer who just wants to relax and enjoy a quick round on Mother’s Day.
- Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail
- If your mom enjoys being outdoors bird-watching, then Alvin is the perfect place. The hugely successful Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail winds through 43 Texas counties, encompassing the entire Texas Coastal region. Alvin makes an excellent base to explore the entire trail with several options for food and lodging available. Completed in April 2000, the Trail features 308 distinct wildlife viewing sites. The trail maps have information about the birds and habitats likely to be found at each site.
- Disc Golf at Briscoe Park
- Check out the Disc Golf Course at Briscoe Park to give your mom fun and challenge for the day. This dedicated course is immersed in nature with 18 holes and walking trail access. This is also the only dedicated-lit disc golf course in the country! This course is the perfect place for family members to come together and have a little competition to figure out whose mom’s favorite.
Dinner at Grace Pizza & Shakes
Treat your mom to a delicious pizza and an amazing over-the-top milkshake at Grace Pizza & Shakes. They offer amazing coal fire pizzas as well as some unique signature flavors that will fit any taste bud. You can try The Garcia signature pizza that has a Jalapeño ranch base, pesto chicken, cherry tomatoes, red onions, jalapenos, and fresh cilantro. For those who need a gluten-free option Ashlyn’s Art is the pizza pie for you. It has a cauliflower crust, pizza sauce. Feta cheese, spinach, red onion, roasted garlic, fresh basil, and balsamic glaze. Plus you can’t eat here without ordering their famous Coco & Grace milkshake. This milkshake has vanilla ice cream, milk, and buttercream in it, but that’s not all. The Coco & Grace shake is topped off with cotton candy, rock candy, a lollipop, Chocolate candy cover in white chocolate syrup. This is the perfect place to splurge!